For most of us a private yacht cruise in Dubai sounds like an expensive pipe dream but with the great range of discounted yacht trips we regularly have on Cobone, it becomes an affordable luxury and memory making experience!
Cobone has a wide range of choice of boat and yacht activities from shared excursions to private charters and dhow cruises to fishing trips, making sure you get to experience life on the ocean waves at a great, reduced price.
We recently had a family from the UK visiting one of us and they decided to book one of great boat trips.
Here’s how their trip went…
My sister and her family were visiting Dubai and us for the second time and I really wanted to give them some different experiences since their last visit. We’d done a lot of the usual Dubai tourist things first time but my sister is a bit scared of boats so we’d not tried that out. This time I was going to make her get over her fear and give the whole family a trip to remember. Out of us all, my 13 year old niece was the most excited about going on the yacht.
I’d booked a private yacht for 2 hours with a capacity of up to 12 people, so the 6 of us would have some extra room. The booking process was smooth and simple and I kept an eye on the weather and double checked in the morning that all was ok before we set off for the Marina.
We made sure we arrived in plenty of time at the pick- up point and met our captain. We were escorted on to the gorgeous yacht, given life jackets for the kids, introduced to the crew and shown around the yacht. The yacht had an indoor lounge area, small toilet, a bedroom and a great upper deck seating area which led onto the front of the boat for amazing views.
We all got settled and pulled away from the berth to start our 2 hour trip. Driving through the Dubai Marina is an experience in itself giving you a totally different view of the buildings there, including the incredible twisty tower. We cruised past Skydive Dubai and made our way out to open waters.
The trip took us past Palm Island and over to the rear of the Burj Al Arab. The captain was very knowledgeable and pointed sites of interest out to us and stopped for photo ops throughout the cruise. We could also have gone swimming from the yacht but my nieces and nephews aren’t the best swimmers so we decided not to do that- if I go again I am definitely doing it!
It was such a lovely feeling to be out of the hustle and bustle of the city and we felt very posh on our own yacht! We’d brought some snacks and the crew had juices and water for us too, as well as plugging our phone in to the sound system so we could play our favourite tunes.
We were all very sad to return to land at the end of the cruise! We’d taken some amazing pics and had a really great Dubai experience that we’ll all remember for a long time! Plus it had cost us half price by using the Cobone voucher so we even happier about that!
I would highly recommend doing this type of trip when you have visitors over, are celebrating something or just want a get together with your friends or family and want to do something a bit special and great fun.
Cobone’s Top Tips To Enjoying Your Dubai Yacht Cruise
1. Don’t forget sun cream and sunglasses- the sun is strong and it’s bright out there.
2. Wear flat shoes- trainers or flip flops are perfect.
3. Baseball cap type hats or bandanas are better head gear- it can get a bit windy and hats with less grip might blow off.
4. Wear cool, comfortable clothing and don’t forget your bathing gear if a swim is allowed.
5. Take snacks and drinks with you- water and juice is normally provided but just double check.
6. Take some tunes with you to get the party vibe going.
7. Make sure you know exactly where you’re meeting the boat and arrive early- especially if it’s a shared cruise, as they might go without you.
8. Passport ID is required for all boat trips that go out to open sea so make sure you bring originals and printed copies with you otherwise the boat won’t be able to leave.
9. Don’t forget your phone or camera- you’re going to get some amazing shots.
10. Check out the weather situation before you set off and contact the company to see if sails are happening- if it’s too rough they may not be allowed to sail. If this does happen the company will help as much as possible to reschedule the trip.